Friday, August 13, 2010

Turning 3 Meals into 6

I had a question regarding how to eat 5-6 times a day instead of just 3.  Here's how I explained the way I learned to do this.

I would cook a normal meal, but just divide it up into halves.  For example:

Breakfast: Egg White Omelet + Fruit Cup, but have the fruit up 3 hours later.
Lunch: Whole Wheat Turkey Sandwich and Salad - save the salad till later
Dinner: Fish and a Yam - Save the Yam.

Here's a typical day for me eating according to Beachbody's 40% Protein / 40% Carbs / 20% Fat guidelines.

9am: Egg White Omelet w/Veggies
11am: Protein Shake (whey protein)
2pm: Chicken Breasts
4:30pm: Salad w/Almonds and Olive Oil Dressing
7pm: Fish
9pm: Shakeology

Depending on portion sizes, that comes out to a pretty round 40/40/20 plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment