Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Find Motivation

Pressing play when P90X or Insanity is brand new out of the box is pretty easy. So is eating clean for the first couple days of a new routine. But then reality sets in, life resumes and things get tougher. It's at these moments we need to buckle down.

For most of us, we're alone in our fitness journey. For every couple that is working out together and eating healthy with a shared mindset, there are ten people who are either single (me) or in a relationship that they are the sole person trying to stop the unhealthy trend that has been the norm.

With the internet and digital age, luckily we are never alone. For the past couple years, I've met a few other beachbody people who share my desire to change our lives and we talk literally all day - every day. My phone is always at my side, so when I don't feel like pressing play, or do feel like eating a large pizza - I'll reach out to a dear friend, Poe and she'll talk me into or out of whatever I'm feeling.

We've built such a relationship of mutual trust and friendship over the years, that if she texts me, "Get off your ass and get moving. Do you want to be fat again or have abs?" I'm not offended, I'm so grateful!

I'm here for you on those weak moments. You have to reach out. When you feel like it's overwhelming - talk to me! It's such a long journey - it's too long to go alone. Bring in reinforcements!

Some other things that I'll do when I'm feeling lazy or unmotivated.

Google Youtube P90X (or whatever program you do) Success Stories.
Watching those folks go through what we're trying to do and come out on the other side is AMAZING!

READ READ READ
There are so many awesome sites, if you just look around you'll find it! I'm working hard to include a place here where we can form a community - forums are on the way!

Just Press Play
This is the best choice. Once you start, the endorphins release and you start feeling better in seconds!

Text/Call/Gtalk/Facebook/etc me or your accountability partner!
This is so crucial! Reach out to someone. Rarely will you both be unmotivated at the same time - usually one will drag the other along, then next time, visa-versa (however that's spelled.... you get the idea.)

Guys - what I'm saying is. If you start falling off the band wagon - realize it and REACH OUT! You aren't alone - and neither am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment