Friday, April 8, 2011

Primal Personal Training

Let's start with what I see when I go to the gym.  Heavy, out of shape people slowly turning that hamster wheel we call a treadmill or elliptical around, watching the timer count down until mercifully the 30 minutes is up.  I see average weight, out of shape people talking and taking turns on these seated machines rep after rep until they get to the 15-20 reps that someone told them is the right number.  I see a few fat guys benching as much weight as they possibly can, then resting for five minutes between sets of the same 3 exercises they've been doing for 20 years.  (Bench Press, Bicep Curl, and Lat Pull-downs)

Guys.

That's just not going to do it.

It took me years of studying, reading, learning, training, and personal experience to figure out that these well worn road is not the path to fitness. 

When I started training my clients, I was teaching them free weights, some machines, recommending 20 minutes on the treadmill and all the other usual crap.  We would talk nutrition - you know... whole grains, veggies, extra lean meat - or even better, just chicken!  They didn't get the results they were looking for, and neither did I.

It wasn't until I stepped back from the "Traditional" training systems and took a hard look at what was happening that I figured it out.  We need to go even more TRADITIONAL!  I'm talking seriously old school.

It's about getting back to our roots and relearning what we used to know very well.  Fitness is about functional fitness.  It's about being able to do the things you want to do, and as a bonus, look great doing it!  It's about feeling good every day, from the time you roll... no JUMP out of bed, until the time you sleep.

Nutrition isn't about whole grains and reduced fat.  It's not about crap that's made in factories at all.  STOP IT!  It's not about medication, not about "nutritional supplements" or any junk that was created by man.  It's about the stuff that we were meant to eat.

Since I started living the "Primal" lifestyle over a year ago - here are the changes.
  • No more back pain.
  • No more knee pain.
  • No more sugar cravings!
  • No more out of control binging for days on end.
  • I'm leaner and more muscular than ever, without dieting.
  • I'm so much happier every day than I was before.
There's so much more to the whole lifestyle.  I workout considerably less now and have lost fat and gained muscle.  I learned through experience what works and want to pass it along.  Did I have to give some stuff up?  Sure.  Just like you do when you do the "low-fat disaster" that our well-meaning government has spoon fed us for 60 years.

It's not too intense at first.  My clients move in baby steps until they fully realize how amazing a Primal lifestyle can be.  The workouts are intense, but shorter than what most of you are used to.  No more machines.  No more silly waste of time in a Curves circuit, sharing machines.  You workout at home or outdoors with me.  We get back to basics.  The real basics.

Much more coming about this new step in Primal Personal Training, contact me for more information.

Steve
412-735-0706
facebook.com/stevemcknighttpt
email: stevemcknighttpt@gmail.com

1 comment: