Sunday, September 5, 2010

Coach Check-In 2010-09-05

Hey guys - I don't have as much time as normal today, we just finished Fit Club and knocked out Insanity: Plyo Cardio Circuit which was BRUTAL!  I haven't done it in a while, and man o man, I forgot what a serious workout that is.

This week, the team has taken a HUGE step forward.  First, I want to welcome the new people to the team and especially shout out to Mark G and Juan J who are taking their fitness to the next level and joining me coaching.  It's such an amazing ride, and I can't wait to see where your journey leads you.

We started our accountability boards this week finally.  I'll be putting a link up on my blog, but for now, here it is:

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/70564711

All you have to do to post is use your Beachbody Log-in and there you go.  Bookmark this page and check up on it daily.

This is the absolute, no-nonsense, number 1, sole reason why I made it through my 90 days.  Had I been alone, I would have certainly quit this program the first time I went through.

Here's the deal - I always talk about finding people around you to workout with right?  That's great and is TOTALLY important to do.  However, that's not the end of it.  They can't workout every single day of the week.  We do.  We have the same goals as you.  We want to lose weight, get healthy, get ripped and want to help you stay on track. 

One of my closest friends in the world is someone I met on those boards a couple years ago.  It's a family of people who are rooting for you.

That being said.

Here's the challenge:

110 days till Christmas Streak Challenge.
How many days can you put up in a row of 3 things?
  1. Post on the Apple a Day message board every day.
  2. Eat only from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder.
  3. Exercise every day.
Here are the follow up rules.

1. Post on the Apple a Day message board every day.  Ok, I know sometimes we're traveling or whatever, so here's what you can do.  If you have to miss a day, text me or any one else from the boards.  We'll put your accountability up.  It's important to know that people notice when you're M.I.A. so get here!  Your body doesn't take a break trying to get older, you don't take a break trying to get younger!

2. Eat only from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder.  (or follow the Primal Blueprint 100% if that's the route you are going.  I personally am doing both.)  NO CHEATS!  That's the idea here.  If you cheat or fall off the wagon - fine, but you start a new streak tomorrow. For me, a cheat meal too often spikes a binge, so I can't allow that for my life, so cheat if you want, but you start over.  The idea is to string as many 100% clean days together as you possibly can.  What's you number?

3. Exercise every day.  Yes - you get a rest day.  Rest is important.  One rest day per week is fine (the weeks go Sun-Sat in my book) I suggest following a program.  If you are doing P90X - great, keep to the schedule.  It was researched and made in that order for a reason.  If you are doing Turbo Fire - great, follow the book!  If you mix things up, great, but if you miss a day, that's your rest day, if you miss a second day that week, guess what?  Start the streak over.  100% Clean is the goal.

That's it.

I'll be posting my accountability as always on my blog and on the Apple a Day thread.  Show up.  Get fit.  Get healthy.  Stop the excuses!

ps.  Here's how I'll be logging my accountability:

Accountability: 9/5 (streak 7)
  • Nutrition: A
  • Insanity: Plyo Cardio Circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment