Monday, April 11, 2011

Paleo Pizza

Paleo Eggplant Pizza

I made this delicious pizza tonight that is fully Paleo/Primal.  Sure, it didn't come out exactly as I had hoped as far as holding together goes, but it was awesome tasting and I would be happy to have it again any day.  As a side note, I added 2oz of cheese to get the pizza taste.  If you want to be 100% strict Paleo, then skip the cheese, but it was delicious!


  • 1 Whole Egg Plant (get a big one!)
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2 Almonds
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for greasing the parchment sheet)
  • 2 Parchment Sheets
  • 1/2 Cup Marinara
  • TOPPINGS (left out of calorie count to allow for customization)





Here's the recipe:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Skin the whole eggplant and grate it with a cheese grater.
  3. Blend/crush 1/2 cup of crushed almonds (honestly, I might use 1 cup next time)
  4. Blend the eggplant, almonds and 1 whole egg together.  (I used my magic bullet)
  5. Add salt and pepper to taste.  The "dough" should be fairly smooth by now.
  6. On a greased parchment lined baking sheet, pour batter and smooth with hands.  (OK, this is where I dropped the ball.  I didn't have parchment paper and forgot to buy it.  I had trouble flipping it because of this.
  7. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked enough to flip.
  8. Add marinara, cheese, toppings and bake for another 5-15 minutes
  9. Flip onto another greased parchment paper
Calorie Breakdown:
Whole Pizza: 819 calories, 41 protein, 38 carbs, 59 fat
1/2 Pizza 410 calories, 21 protein, 19 carbs, 29 fat

Epic Pizza - SO GOOD!  I can't wait to make it again!

1 comment:

  1. really tasty..This looks delicious! I LOVE sausage pizza too! We move out to the PNW from the mid west (sausage capital) and no one here makes just sausage pizza - so weird! It's THE only pizza to satisfy that craving for us!Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete