Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Ass Primal Salad Take 2

I've learned a couple things that have improved my Mark Sisson Big Ass Primal Salad.  First - I learned that I don't really like salad in the traditional sense.  The cold, crunchy veggies just don't really do it for me.  Second - I could never find a salad dressing that is Primal/Paleo and that I actually liked.  You know what I do like?  Beef.  Third - I really don't like doing dishes.  I cook for one (plus the dog) about 99% of the time and hate spending more time cleaning than I need to.  Thus - here are the changes for my BIG ASS PRIMAL SALAD MARK 2!
 
 1.  1 pound of ground beef.  I like 85% lean.  It has enough fat in it to brown on the skillet and have left over fat for the veggies.
 2. 1 Bell Pepper, 1 Small Tomato, 1/2 Onion  Cut them up and throw them in the skillet right after you flip the beef over.
 3.  A lot of organic baby spinach.  A lot - seriously.  Fiber dude.

4
4. Pour the beef and veggies over the spinach.  ps.  Always use baby spinach instead of lettuce - lettuce has almost nothing in it.  Get those nutrients.  Scrape all the fat over top for your dressing.  It's delicious.  I use a bit of salt and pepper over top and take my time to eat this beast.

5.  Temp the dog with the scraps.

For the calorie counters out there.

1005 Calories 92g Protein, 16 Carbs, 64 Fat

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... This is really good - I ate it right after my really hard leg workout and it was amazing.  Going for a walk with the dog to let this bad boy settle.

3 comments:

  1. That's a salad even Tony Soprano would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, my belly is so big right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thats pretty much like my stir fry's I make. I just put spices in for the taste...but they usually have more veggies and Shrimp! On organic baby spinach of course =) Yummmm !!

    ReplyDelete