Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weakness

I'm tired of it.  I want to eliminate it from my life.  I want to destroy it in all ways.  I'm talking excuses, failure due to lack of effort, taking the easy way out, settling, and the rest. 

I've been working on being fit and extremely healthy for a long while now - yet, I feel like I should have a lower body fat percentage, while having bigger muscle mass than I do.  Why have I come short?  WEAKNESS.



I've been eating extremely clean for the past 38 days - then 1 binge and 49 days before that.  That's almost 100 days of following along this plan.  I've seen great results for the past 15 or so weeks, yet if I were really honest, I'm still coming up short.

My carb up days have been close to cheat days - with a focus on carbs.  That's no good.  That's not the reason I carb up.  These should be cleaner and more focused around the goal.  My calories have consistently come up 150-200 calories short.  I'm shooting for 3,000 calories, yet almost every day, I'm at 2800.  Not a big deal, until this adds up to a couple thousand extra calories that are not being consumed.  I don't seem to eat veggies every day.  I ran out a couple days ago, and just didn't buy more yet.  That's weakness.  It's not like I can't swing by the grocery on the way home, I just don't.  WEAKNESS.

My workouts are all peppered with WEAKNESS.  When I'm lifting, can I honestly say that I couldn't possibly do one more rep with all my might?  No. I can't say that.  I lift close to failure, but not close enough.  I need to be FAILING!  I'm only coming up short myself.  I'm wasting my time.  Not the time in the gym, but I'm wasting the amount of time in my life that I can enjoy being more fit, stronger, more lean, more ripped and the rest. 

When I'm doing cardio, can I honestly say that I couldn't have pushed myself just a little bit harder?  No.  I couldn't.  In fact, if I were to be really brutally honest, I bet I could have pushed myself harder EVERY SINGE MINUTE OF EVERY SINGLE CARDIO WORKOUT  for the past year... Every one.  That's damn humbling.  What now?

When I'm teaching - I demand my people to push harder, yet, I'm not giving my all?  When I'm doing crunches could I not do 2 more before I stop?  Always?  Yes!  I can't think of the last time I went to failure on crunches.  I just stop because it's burning or worse, because the 25 that I pre-decided I would do ended.  That's junk.   It's crap.  I'm done with it.

I spend hours a day talking/living/breathing fitness and health, and yet, I'm wasting my time if I'm not willing to give honest 100% effort.  This will change tomorrow at fit club.  I pledge to work harder and to eat more strictly than I ever have before, I'm tired of 90% effort in life.

I'm tired of seeing people complain about being overweight, only to check their diary and see junk food.  Why would you choose to eat junk food, knowing that it will take you longer to get healthy and fit?  Is junk food ok if it's just a little bit?  I don't think so.  If you eat it for a purpose (yes, there are probably some purposes for it.... ) then ok.  I have often said, it's better to eat a bag of junk rather than skip a meal.  I don't know if that's true to be honest, this is usually something I say to clients when trying to get them to build the habits of eating every 3 hours.  Yet, I'm doing them a disservice by also developing their habit of eating junk food.

Isn't everyone tired of weakness?  Isn't everyone truly tired of excuses.  You know the ones.... the ones we tell ourselves.  Those are the worst.  Lie to me, I don't care.  Never lie to yourself.  If you're going to eat that junk, be honest.  You're being weak.  You're allowing the weakness to win and YOU ARE FORCING your honest, hardworking self to the back of your mind.  Stop lying.

I did a cheat meal for a while, once a week.  You know what it did?  Two things.  First, the cheat meal, often turned into a cheat weekend.  Once that crap hit my lips, I couldn't turn it off.  Weakness won because I allowed it.  Second, a cheat meal of crap will put you just a little bit further away from your goal.  Why on Earth would we ever want to to move further away from the goal.  Why?

(yes.  I know about calorie cycling - in fact, I do a similar thing with carbing up and glycogen stores - that's not what I'm talking about.  If you're following these plans, then of course, follow them!)

I'm not talking changing your macros or consuming honey right after a workout for example.  That's done with a purpose and is beautiful.  I'm talking unintentionally eating garbage that will slow you down (best case) or even push you away from getting to your goal!

Next time you hear that crap calling - what are you going to choose?  Never forget that it is a choice.  Not thinking about it and giving in to WEAKNESS does not make it less of a choice.  Will you chose crap?  Will you chose to do that extra push-up?  Will you chose success or to delay it?

Aren't you tired of WEAKNESS too?

No comments:

Post a Comment