Saturday, July 3, 2010

Get out of the box!

Time to move out of your comfort zone people! I had to drive up to Slippery Rock, to pick my puppy up at my folks who were so sweet to watch her while I was on tour and stopped for gas near this little state park I haven't been to in years. It was a beautiful day and I couldn't help notice the families there, just chillin, eating, drinking and having fun in the sun. On the way home, I pulled Sydney out of the air conditioned car, and we walked along the lake shore until we found a picnic table that is right on the water.

I had legs scheduled for the day and was planning on working out in my basement, like normal, but didn't want to leave the beautiful park, however, I didn't have my dvd player or worksheets.... so what to do?

Kicking off my shoes, tying the dog up under the picnic table, starting Pandora on my phone (beach boys of course!) I just started a warm-up, having no idea what moves were coming up.

1) Squat Reach Jump
2) 180 Jump Squats
3) Froggie Jumps
4) Superstar Lunges
5) One Leg Deadlifts (knee tucked)
6) Jump-Ups (on picnic table)
7) Debbie Seibers 80/20 Hops
8) Globe Jumps
9) Teeter-Toter
10) Duck and Cover
11) Alternating Side to Side Lunges
12) Bun-Shaper Lunges
13) 2 Leg Sit-Downs
14) Jump Knee Tucks
15) Pumpers
16) 1 Leg Sit-Downs
17) Sumo-Chair
18) Squat Jacks
19) Dead Lift Squats
20) Iso-Lunges

There you have it! Leg Destruction on the beach - nothing could be more fun! (I say this with amazing soreness in my legs and butt at the moment - one day later!)

The point is, we don't always have to be locked up in our living rooms/home gyms/basements - there is an amazing world out there to check out and use for our personal fitness centers. Get some sun and sweat it out.

ps. If you don't know what these moves are - check out Tony Horton's One on One series of DVD workouts - they are amazing, and most of these come from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment